OCTO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Octo's head quarters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bearded Dragons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sotik1st
Kraken
Kraken
Sotik1st

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:47 pm

Well guys I decided to get a Bearded Dragon over an Tiger Oscar because I love dragons, the fantasy ones that fly and breath fire, so I decided to stick with its cousin the lizard Razz

Have any of you owned any lizards that could give me some advice? Bearded or not any help is or advice is welcomed. I invested a lot of research into as it is so I hope I am ready for the responsibility. Anyways, I will be posting pictures if any of you want to see him. Thanks everyone for helping me decide, it was a hard choice but I think I will be happier this way. Plus a 100 gallon tank full of water sitting next to my television, laptop and my gaming consoles didn't seem right to me clown
Back to top Go down
https://octo.forumotion.com
Opso
Adult Octo
Adult Octo
Opso

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Did you already get it? If so, post pictures soon, I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
stank zappa
Young Octo
Young Octo
stank zappa

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Pictures please
Back to top Go down
Sotik1st
Kraken
Kraken
Sotik1st

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:01 am

Well I finally got one, and its a her. She had bone disease so her back didn't grow correctly but the woman gave her to me for free and said she has made a recovery and there is a great chance that her back can still correct itself and she should grow fully. I kinda found it ironic that she has back problems like I do, wonder if cannabis will help her too Razz Anyways I named her lady luck or lucky for short. I will post pics of her later today when the sun comes up and I have some better light quality.
Back to top Go down
muffinman
Adult Octo
Adult Octo
muffinman

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

i used to breed them....very easy to take care of i kno this post is old but figured it could still help...theres calcium that you can get its a powder and put on her crickets that will help with her back also meal worms and as she gets bigger you could even feed her pinkeys(baby mice) but as long as u have a uv bulb and a heating pad under the tank on the (hot) side with the water dish on the other side u shouldn't have a prob wit taking care of it.....i just sold my last 2 babys last week sort of miss being able to have all the snakes and lizards i had but wit a baby on the way i didnt have a choice pale
Back to top Go down
Sotik1st
Kraken
Kraken
Sotik1st

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 pm

muffinman wrote:
i used to breed them....very easy to take care of i kno this post is old but figured it could still help...theres calcium that you can get its a powder and put on her crickets that will help with her back also meal worms and as she gets bigger you could even feed her pinkeys(baby mice) but as long as u have a uv bulb and a heating pad under the tank on the (hot) side with the water dish on the other side u shouldn't have a prob wit taking care of it.....i just sold my last 2 babys last week sort of miss being able to have all the snakes and lizards i had but wit a baby on the way i didnt have a choice pale

Awesome dude! I have tons of questions and I too had thought about breeding them myself but I want to make sure I can keep them alive before I put that many lives in my hands.

Right now shes in a 30 gallon breeder tank. She has no water dish but I bathe her every other day and she gets a lot of her water there. Right now her diet consists of a large dish filled with collered greens, carrots and zucchini. She gets fed live food twice a day. I give her 20 live mealworms plus some dead ones I got called Worms in a Can. I powder both with calcium and some other reptile vitamins.

She sits under a basking light on her log most of the day and she has a 10.0 UVB bulb that runs the whole length of the tank. She has no heater pad under the tank but I keep her room at a constant 80 degree's.

Any advice you have or anything I am doing wrong that you could suggest I do otherwise? So far she seems to be doing great, really active, bright colors, eats and poops a lot. Her back seems to have straightened up and she seems to slowly be growing.
Back to top Go down
muffinman
Adult Octo
Adult Octo
muffinman

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:26 pm

ya sounds like you got it goin pretty good i would get a heating pad still thou....they like it warm like 90's...i just use a human heating pad and put it on half the tank and i would deff still put a water bowl in there don't have to b to deep just to keep water in there...and bathing every day is great sounds like its spolied haha
Bearded Dragons Bd110

Bearded Dragons Bd210
the last clutch of babys
Back to top Go down
muffinman
Adult Octo
Adult Octo
muffinman

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Bearded Dragons Dsc01110

Bearded Dragons Dsc01111

Bearded Dragons Dsc01112

sry no hammock let me kno if u like any of these Sotik1st and i might b able to find other stuff 2 but them r the main things i put in a tank for them
Back to top Go down
Sotik1st
Kraken
Kraken
Sotik1st

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey i like that first one, give me till friday when i get some cash and ill see about buying it off of you. Do you have any paper i could put around my tank? like desert type stuff?
Back to top Go down
muffinman
Adult Octo
Adult Octo
muffinman

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

no paper...k sounds good man just let me kno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons
Page 1 of 1